Email to SMS Service with Python
Text Messaging and Email remain the top forms of communication, even with the recent wave of Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Email is still the king of all forms of electronic communication. Maybe it has something to do with it's decentralized exchange, or maybe something to do with being able to setup your own server and control who you communicate with through it. Either way, SMS and Email are both useful. Recently I had the need to allow a conversation to start with a SMS be delivered to an Email inbox and then replied to from the email. Here is how I was able to get this accomplished with the Python programming language and it's amazing libraries.
Setup dante 1.4.1 (sockd) dante-server on Ubuntu 16.04
Recently I had the need to setup a SOCKS5 Proxy server. After looking at all of my options, I settled on the easiest solution (Dante SOCKS Server v1.4.1) that met all of my criteria.
Gamma Lang: Compyler
The compiler for GammaLang was originally started in C, however after getting the initial parser completed, progress slowed way down. At first, I thought that I was losing interest in the project, but after realizing that I was still working on the project the same amount of time, and constantly thinking about it. I have come to the conclusion that it is actually C that is slowing down my development progress. The added complexity of memory management & data structure implementation in C was consuming lots of brain cycles and hours of development. Thus the need to move to Python.
Diadosi & QLisp for website data.
After some time working on the initial Diadosi platform and develping my own LispVM for allowing quering of data out of Diadosi, I decided to start over (sort of).
New application backend!
After writing my initial "Prototype" backend (which is still running in 'read-only' mode) I was faced with having to maintain the service and fix bugs, and let's not forget adding new features as needed. As with all prototypes, there were some peices that were sort of smashed together just to make the system work with minimal effort. Security was thrown out the window, to reduce the time to develop the core features, and was developed in NodeJS because they have PEG.js